Modals Exercises

Da vidimo kako se snalazite sa modalnim glagolima :) 

Put in ‘mustn’t’ or ‘don’t / doesn’t have to’: 
1. We have a lot of work tomorrow. You _______________ be late. 
2. You _______________ tell anyone what I just told you. It’s a secret. 
3. The museum is free. You _______________ pay to get in. 
4. Children _______________ tell lies. It’s very naughty. 
5. John’s a millionaire. He _______________ go to work.
6. I _______________ do my washing, because my mother does it for me. 
7. We _______________ rush. We’ve got plenty of time. 
8. You _______________ smoke inside the school. 
9. You can borrow my new dress but you _______________ get it dirty. 
10. We _______________ miss the train, it’s the last one tonight. 
11. She _______________ do this work today, because she can do it tomorrow. 
12. I _______________ clean the floor today because I cleaned it yesterday. 
13. We _______________ forget to lock all the doors before we leave. 
14. We _______________ stay in a hotel in London, we can stay with my brother. 
15. I _______________ spend too much money today. I’ve only got a little left. 
16. They _______________ get up early today, because it’s Sunday. 
17. I _______________ eat too much cake, or I’ll get fat! 
18. We _______________ be late for the exam. 
19. You _______________ tidy up now. I’ll do it later. 
20. He _______________ cook tonight because he’s going to a restaurant.

Put in ‘can’ / ‘can’t’ / ‘could’ / ‘couldn’t’. If none is possible, use ‘be able to’ in the correct tense: 
1. _________________ you swim when you were 10? 
2. We _________________ get to the meeting on time yesterday because the train was delayed by one hour. 
3. He _________________ arrive at the party on time, even after missing the train, so he was very pleased. 
4. He’s amazing, he _________________ speak 5 languages including Chinese. 
5. I _________________ drive a car until I was 34, then I moved to the countryside so I had to learn. 
6. I looked everywhere for my glasses but I _________________ find them anywhere. 
7. I searched for your house for ages, luckily I _________________ find it in the end. 
8. She’s 7 years old but she _________________ read yet – her parents are getting her extra lessons. 
9. I read the book three times but I _________________ understand it. 
10. James _________________ speak Japanese when he lived in Japan, but he’s forgotten most of it now. 

Коментари

Популарни постови са овог блога

Conditionals

Zaključne ocene